Modern air travel can be a stressful experience. Increased security screening at the airports means longer queues and the general noise and hubbub can drive you to distraction. Being the third busiest airport in France, Paris Orly can be especially hectic, particularly at peak times.
However, once you get through security, you can escape from the crowded public boarding areas by booking a place in one of the VIP lounges where you can find a haven of serenity. The lounges provide comfortable seating, refreshments, business facilities, TV and reading material.
Orly Airport has two lounges, one in each terminal, with public access on payment of a fee.
Salon Icare Lounge
Salon Icare, operated by Paris Airports, is located after security in Hall A of the south terminal international departures area. The lounge can be accessed by non-Schengen international passengers holding a valid boarding pass, business class travellers and Priority Pass members.
The cost of single entry access is £40 and, while you can pay on arrival, to guarantee entry it is advisable to book in advance which can be done online through Lounge Pass. The maximum stay is three hours. The opening hours are 06:00 to 21:30 daily.
In addition to the facilities listed below, Salon Icare has a fax machine and a terrace with a separate smoking area.
Premium Traveller Lounge
In the west terminal, you can find the Premium Traveller Lounge after security in Hall 1 on the ground floor, close to boarding gates 10A to 10E. The lounge is only open for passengers on Schengen area flights and cannot be accessed from Hall 2.
There is complimentary access for business class passengers and for other ticket holders single entry costs £32. You can book in advance through the Premium Traveller website. Members of lounge clubs such as Priority Pass won’t be admitted between 16:00 and 20:00 on Thursdays and Fridays. The opening hours are 06:00 to 21:00 every day.
Children under three are admitted free and all children must be accompanied. There is a smart casual dress code with no T-shirts permitted.
Both of the lounges have the following facilities:
- Air conditioning
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Live flight information
- Exclusive free Wi-Fi
- Internet access
- Newspapers and magazines
Airline VIP Lounges
For passengers travelling first or business class with a number of airlines, and members at certain levels of their frequent flyer programs, there is access to their private VIP lounges.
- Air France - Air France has lounges the west terminal in Halls 2 and 3 which are open from 05:30 to 22:00. The details can be found on the Air France website.
- Iberia VIP Lounge – This is located in Hall 1 of the west terminal before security and is open daily from 06:00 to 21:00. Qualifying passengers with all One World affiliated airlines can enter the lounge.
- BA Open Skies 212 Orly West Lounge - This is in Hall 3 of the west terminal after security. It is open to Open Skies Biz Bed passengers to New York, BA Club Europe customers to London Heathrow, Executive Club gold and silver members and emerald and sapphire One World members. Opening hours are 06:30 to 20:00 daily.
- Royal Air Maroc Salon Zenith - This is situated in the south terminal, Hall A near to boarding gates A01, A02 and A03. Access is for Air Maroc business class passengers and Safar Flyer Gold and Silver members.
- Corsair Grand Lounge – This is inside security in the south terminal close to boarding gate B. It is open from 08:00 to 21:00 daily. Full details at Corsair.